Curtains is a musical with a book by Rupert Holmes, lyrics by Fred Ebb, and music by John Kander, with additional lyrics by Kander and Holmes.
Based on the original book and concept by Peter Stone, the musical is a send-up of backstage murder mystery plots, set in 1959 Boston, Massachusetts and follows the fallout when the supremely untalented star of Robbin' Hood of the Old West is murdered during her opening night curtain call. It is up to Lt. Frank Cioffi, a police detective who moonlights as a musical theater fan to save the show, solve the case, and maybe even find love before the show reopens, without getting killed himself. (source Wikipedia)
Friday, May 10th, 2013
Saturday, May 11th, 2013
Sunday May 12th, 2013
"Edmund Keefe Auditorium" at 117 Elm St, Nashua, NH 03060
Producer: Chuck Emmons
Directors: Larry Pizza and Kim Cassetta
Music Director: Judy Hayward
Choreographer: Bobby Fonacier
Technical Director: John McAllister
Lighting Design: Craig Brennan
Sound Design: Alan Amaral
Set Design: Don Smith-Weiss
Costumes: Lindsay Vago(Chair), Lorraine Louie, Joann Duhamel, Alice Pascucci, Lorraine Cote, Bev and Kelly Frasca
Audition Board: Craig Brennan (Chair) Larry Pizza, Kim Cassetta, Judy Hayward, Bobby Fonacier, Tom Ritrovato, Mark Ferman
Audition Helpers: Bev Frasca, Lindsay Vago
Audition Accompanist Jed Holland
Set Construction/Painting: Larry Dorian, Bill Wenrich, John McAllister, Lou Duhamel,Don Gorewolf, Joe Reilly, Ben Pascucci, Alise Hall, Nicole St. Croix, Heidi Decato, Lorraine Louie, Joe Vago
Special Effects: Jon Fisher
Rigging: Dennis Schneider
Publicity: Tom Ritrovato, Glen Grimard, Chuck Emmons, Mike Bradbury, Lorraine Cote, Val Levesque, Lou Duhamel
Program: Daryl O’Bryant, Donna O’Bryant Metzger
Cast Photographer: Paul Sandler
House Manager: Ellie Risley
Cast Coordinator:/Afterglow: Kathy LeClair
Dance Captains: Tina Cassidy, Jen Sassak
Tickets: Kerry Schneider (Chair), David Miller, Raelene Liljeberg, Martha Holland, Howie Levine and Jackie Levine
Hair/Make up: Carol Gorelick
Properties: Diana Hill (Chair), Gretchen Gray
Spot Operators: Joe Reilly, Michael Holland
Light Crew: David Nelson, Paul Metzger, John Franzini, Rick Brooks
Sound Crew: Michael D. O’Keefe, Barb Amaral
Stage Crew: Corynne Breen, Arianna Curley, Ashley Pitchford,Louis Duhamel, Heidi Decato
Poster Design: Paul Metzger
Ad Sales: Chris Wenrich
Concessions: Chuck Emmons
Rehearsal Refreshments: Dan Pellitier
Subscriptions: Kerry Schneider
T-Shirts: Paul Metzger
The posters for "Curtains" are available for download. Click on one of the following links: 8.5" x 11" or 11" x 17"
The Cast of "Curtains"
||Lieutenant Frank Cioffi
||Martha Daniels Holland
||Allan Hunter, Bill Cote, Bill Mauser, Amy Agostino, Jen Sassak, Cheri Birch, Deirdre Hickok Bridge, Donna O'Bryant Metzger, Alice Pascucci, Lorraine Cote, Lizzie Krahenbuhl, Kathy LeClair, Jason W. Allen-Forrest, Scott C. Forrest-Allen, Mollie Hayward
Special Thanks to
Actorsingers would like to give special thanks to
- Mayhem & Murder Productions
- Bob Haas
- Taggart Ice Company
- Val Verge
The primary characters (as described from Wikipedia) are:
- LIEUTENANT FRANK CIOFFI (40s): Local Boston detective who is also a musical theatre aficionado. Aside from being exceptionally good at his job, he has also aspired to be a musical theatre performer his entire life. He falls in love with Niki.
- NIKI HARRIS (20s-early 30s): Pretty, naïve ingénue. Niki is a chorus girl/understudy in the chorus of the show-within-the-show during its Boston tryout. She aspires to make it as a performer on Broadway. She meets and falls in love with Dt. Frank Cioffi who is investigating a murder at the theatre.
- GEORGIA HENDRICKS (30s): Female half of our songwriting team. Ends up taking on the leading lady role.
- CARMEN BERNSTEIN (45-65): Brassy Broadway producer, unhappily married to Sidney.
- AARON FOX (40s): The composer of the show-within-the-show. His songwriting partner, Georgia, is also his wife from whom he's separated. He's a sexy, charming ladies man.
- BOBBY PEPPER (20s to early 30s): The choreographer and star male of the show within the show, he is Aaron's charming rival and the current boyfriend of Georgia.
- CHRISTOPHER BELLING (40-60): English director. Very camp. Very funny.
- BAMBI BERNÉT (Early 20s-early 30s): Performer in the chorus and daughter of Carmen, the lead producer. Hungry to work her way up to leading performer; some people think she was only hired because of her mother. An excellent dancer.
- DARYL GRADY (30s): A Theatre critic for the local Boston newspaper, he enjoys using the power he has to make or break shows during their out-of-town tryouts.
- JOHNNY HARMON (40s-50s): The Stage Manager of the show-within-the-show. Johnny is gruff but lovable. He keeps the company in line and on their toes throughout the rehearsal process.
- OSCAR SHAPIRO (45-65): The general manager and sole investor. An agreeable if slightly gruff man. He is always looking for any angle to find money.
- SIDNEY BERNSTEIN (Late 50s-Mid 60s): The co-producer of an out of town flop. Sidney is tough and self-serving.
- JESSICA CRANSHAW (30s-50s): Fading Hollywood star. A diva, who has no right to be one, she is a terrible singer and actress who stars in the show within a show and gets murdered on its opening night.
- SASHA ILJINSKY (30s-40s): The European conductor of the show within the show; can be played by the orchestra's actual conductor.
- RANDY DEXTER (20s-30s): One of the stars of the show within the show.
- HARV FREMONT (20s-30s): One of the stars of the show within the show, Randy's sidekick.
- DETECTIVE O'FARRELL (30s-40s): Cioffi's associate from the Boston Police Department, assists in the investigation.